Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Just another Tuesday.


Each week, well each day, I am faced with the food issues. I love the way my body feels when I eat my paleo-ish diet. Then I get a taste of something super sweet or gluten chewy goodness and I hear the old Katie telling me to eat eat eat. Its such a slippery slope. Suddenly I am looking in the mirror feeling such anger and judgment of my body. Then I remember its not about the meal, the week or that day, its about moving forward. Stop, eat a damn salad. Ah...much better. Go for a run, ah. Then suddenly I see the confidence restored. It would be so easy to slip into a depression just like that. Its so preventable and thank goodness I am strong enough to come back each time. Then I make a meal like this and think to myself WHY on earth would I not fuel my body and in turn fuel my mind which of course in turn fuels my soul. So cheers to you soul...here is my soul food.

Both pictures are pretty self explanatory but here goes in case they are not! 

Organic Spring salad mix. My go-to from safeway.
Diced tomato
Avocado
Mexi Rice: Toast your rice with unscented coconut oil, add cumin and garlic powder to taste. Add 1/2 can tomato sauce and chicken stock. Add appropriate amount of water and your golden. 
Mexican beef : Ground beef cooked, drained of fat. Add onions, Chilli powder, garlic powder and cumin, cayenne powder. Add diced fresh jalapeno if you dare.
Garnish with fresh lime wedges and cilantro though I was out of cilantro.

Lime juice.
Organic Spring salad mix. My go-to from safeway.
Grape tomatoes
sundried tomatoes
Mexican chicken (chicken with whatever delicious spices you love. Chilli powder, garlic powder and cumin are an easy go-to)
Feta
Lime juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment