Wednesday, September 16, 2020

The Cabin

 The Cabin


Okanogan Lake

Queela's nose aflame, intoxicated by the first scent of that sweet lake air.

A tepid afternoon would break with the cracking of lightening before the first rumbles of thunder trembled through the valley.

We would witness the dark clouds roll in, majestically, bringing with them whipping waves, turning our peaceful lake into a torrid body of water, white caps crested on each wave and the wind sprayed cascades of water across the sky.

It was in these moments I would rush to the water, with my siblings, screaming with excitement to ride the wild storm.

I felt free in those waves, I felt alive.

It was holy.

Katie Vaino



Katie Vaino 2020, honoring my mother.



1 comment:

  1. All our wonderful memories of this magical place we called the cabin ❤️

    ReplyDelete